Medical Translator-Interpreter provides accurate interpretation and translation of critical medical information in direct service to physicians and/or other health care providers who are seeing patients who cannot speak or understand English, when specifically required by the provider.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Precisely and accurately interprete critical medical advice and information given by the provider into equivalent terminology in the patient's native language;
- Translate patient materials and informational brochures issued by medical center and medical facilities into another language;
- Translate correspondence, medical histories, medical consent forms, medical procedures and instructions, legal documents, manuals, brochures, books, publications, web-pages and other pertinent documents as necessary;
- Respect patient privacy by keeping all information and records collected from patients highly confidential and use them only for official purposes when necessary;
- Attend conferences and meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion;
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Internal Policy and Procedures;
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Fluency in English, Uzbek and Russian (reading/writing/speaking).
A certificate attesting to language proficiency highly preferred. Language proficiency will be tested;
- A university degree;
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Full-time job;
- Salary is negotiable;
- Participation in job-trainings.